Where: Casa Princesa in Eagle Rock (Los Angeles, CA)
When: Thursday night, November 5th, 2005.
This was a pretty great gig! It was our first 40 minute set, and we had 8 songs to play for everyone! Also, our good friends Ryan and Chris played right before us, in their band Niantic, so it felt like we were playing for our friends vs. strangers. Zillah made it out to see both bands, as well as our good friends Jason, Justin and Ali… to which Valentina made very suggestive eyes to during “Eternal Flame”.
The Set List:
1. “Faker”- Could have gone better, the house piano was WAY out of tune and poor Dante’s guitar sounded out of sync because of it. He then tuned everything to the sad piano.
2. “Landslide”- this is a Valentina original and quickly starting to feel like a DanteValentina arrangement.
3. “Scraper in the Sky”- this is our newest song and Valentina’s current favorite. Felt really good to play.
4. “Land of the Sun” - a Dante original and extremely fun to perform.
5. “Eternal Flame” - Ali was eye-violated during this one, thanks to Valentina.
6. “Under My Skin” - this song was written on Hallow’s Eve and is very different from the rest of our originals. Cool, sexy and a little naughty… let’s be honest.
7. “Balloon Boy” - Yes. Written about THE Balloon Boy. Written before we found out it was a hoax. When it was an awesome, terrifying, f-ing beautiful fantasy.
8. “Taking Chances” - ‘This is the first song we wrote on the first day we met’. ‘Awwww.’ ‘But we’re not dating.’
Money Made: $0.00
Current Band Fund: $6.00